Dear job seeker,
Let me get straight to the point. Here’s what I have for you today:
An eBook that will show you how to deal with any difficult question you may face in your Desktop Support interview, in terms of personal and behavioral questions.
Questions such as:
- What motivates you in this job?
- Describe a situation when you went above and beyond with your service (for the customer, for the colleague).
- Describe a situation when you reached a goal and tell us how you achieved it.
- What do you want to accomplish in this job?
- Describe a situation when you had to motivate someone in work (your colleague, your subordinate, or even your superior).
- What characterizes a good boss (colleague) from your point of view?
- Describe a time when you had to deal with an angry or upset client (customer).
- Describe a situation when you did not agree with an opinion (or decision) of your superior or supervisor, and knew that they were wrong.
- Describe a situation when you faced a particularly demanding problem or challenge in your personal life. How did that affect you in your job?
- Why should we hire you, and not one of the other applicants?
- and 20 other questions you may face in your interview…
Without too much talking, check a sample from the eBook below:
Sample from the eBook
Question no. 11: What characterizes a good boss (colleague) from your point of view?
Hint: You won’t work alone. Employees interact with each other, and the interviewers try to find out if you can fit into the team in the workplace.
Avoid mentioning something personal in your answer, for example saying that you prefer young collective, or that you work better under an older boss.
Such an answer could easily backfire—if a boss was a young man, they would not hire you.
The best thing to do is mentioning something neutral and emphasize that you can get along anyone.
– Ideal boss doesn’t exist, and it doesn’t even matter to me. I want to focus on my job, and my duties, and I try to avoid any conflicts with other employees.
Everyone is different, and I respect the individuality of each person. But I do not try to think much about my colleagues–what they should do better, how they should work. I simply prefer to focus on my own duties, and on my good attitude to other people. That is the only thing I can control.
– I can get along with everyone, and I do not have special preferences. The most important thing is to see that my colleagues try their best in work, day in day out. But whether they are old or young, whether they like dancing or watching football, doesn’t make any difference to me.
Question no. 16: Describe a situation when you were under pressure in work.
Hint: Interviewers want to hear how you reacted to the pressure, if you managed to prioritize your tasks, and how did the pressure affected you.
You will most likely face stressful situations and deadlines in your new job, so they want to see if you are ready to face these challenges.
Ensure them that you understand the job description, and that you count with experiencing pressure. Try to show them, on a situation from the past, that you are used to experiencing pressure and do not panic, that you know how to prioritize your work.
If it is your fist application, tell them what you would do in a stressful situation.
– I experienced a constant pressure in my last job in sales, as we had to reach sales targets each month, and the managers were very strict about that. It was especially stressful when you had just ten days left, and you knew you were still missing fifty or sixty percent of the target sales volume.
But I tried to keep a pragmatic approach, doing the job as good as I could. I did not let the pressure to get the better of me, because it would result in pushing too much, or in lying to the customers, just to close some deals. I think the pressure belongs to the workplace, and one has to count with that in their job.
– I do not have any experience with feeling pressure in work, because this is my first job application. But I understand it belongs to the workplace, as the workload is heavy, and we have to meet deadlines. I count with experiencing pressure, and I believe to be ready to face that without getting affected physically or emotionally.
– Sometimes I do feel stressed at work, because I take my job seriously. I want to do my best, and I fell that every person calling us is important. But I believe it is difficult for the customers to notice anything, and I try to never show it in front of them.
—-end of the sample—-
These are just two questions. A small fraction of a specialized eBook that will show you how to answer thirty most common interview questions, including the difficult behavioral questions, in the best possible way.
But that’s not all.
To ensure you will succeed in your interview, you will also get the I Will Get a Job recording (audio, mp3, instant download, you can play it on your phone or any other device), which will show you how to make the right impression on the interviewers.
- Format: Instant download, mp3 (you can listen to it straight away, or while traveling to your interview)
- 13 Chapters, 56 minutes
- Winning interview strategies and secrets
- Perfectly applicable for desktop support
So that’s it. I do not want to waste your time with lengthy sales pages, and imaginary discounts, just like many other people do on their websites.
You’ve read the samples from the eBook, you know what the recording is about, and you can surely tell whether it will help you in your interview.
I sincerely believe it will help you. And I do not want you to take any risks–that’s why I offer you a risk free money back guarantee.
Risk free money back guarantee
If you don’t like this eBook for any reason, or no reason at all, just let me know (email me at matthew[at]interviewpenguin[dot]com) within 60 days and we will give you a full refund.
- Brilliant answers to thirty common and difficult questions you may get in your interview for desktop support job.
- Updated for 2019.
- Several sample answers to each question, so you can choose the one that reflects your values and experience.
- Instant download, .PDF format (you can read it on any device (mobile, kindle, PC), and you can easily print it).
- A 56 minutes long audio recording that will show you winning interview strategies. Learn everything you need to know to impress your interviewers.
- Secure and simple checkout with PayPal, you can pay with your credit/debit card, or with your PayPal account.
- Price: $19.95, one time payment, no hidden fees or upsell. 60 days risk free money back guarantee .
- Click the checkout button below to proceed to the payment.
(After the payment you will be automatically directed back to our website, to a secure page where you will download your I Will Get a Job recording, and Interview Success Guide eBook. You will also receive a download link and instructions to your email, just to ensure that you will get it without waiting, even if the redirect fails–which can happen sometimes.)
(If you can not see an option to pay with your credit/debit card once you click the Checkout button, click on “Sign up”. PayPal will offer you an option to pay with your credit or debit card, without a need to register an account with them. You will pay them as a PayPal guest.)
Make a great impression and get the job
Interview for a desktop support job does not have to be stressful, or difficult. You can be the one who interviews with confidence, and gives brilliant answers to all their questions. Download the package today and ace your interview!
Purchase -> Listen & Read -> Impress Your Interviewers -> Get a Job!
That’s it for today. I hope you will enjoy the book & the audio, and see you in an interview!
Your personal job interview coach
P.S. Feel free to ask me anything if you are still not sure how this guide will help you to get a job. I try my best to answer all emails within twelve hours. Just write to matthew[at]interviewpenguin[dot]com . Thank you!